Decorating for Thanksgiving
Nowadays, Thanksgiving is celebrated around the world, and not just by US citizens living abroad. People of all nationalities go to parties and restaurants to enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving feast. Autumnal decorations are a big part of any Thanksgiving celebration, with all kinds of ideas for enjoying this beautiful time of year.
Of course, no true Thanksgiving feast is complete without turkey, cranberry sauce, cornbread and yams on the table. Thanksgiving decorations in earth tones are the perfect way to complement these items, both on the table and throughout the home. For inspiration, look no further than nature. There is no more enjoyable family activity than going out and collecting chestnuts, pine cones, twigs, red berries, acorns and colorful fall leaves to decorate the table. Special decorations shaped like turkeys or hedgehogs are also great additions. But the centerpiece of any table decoration has to be a Thanksgiving flower arrangement.
Thanksgiving bouquets in autumnal colors
The best flowers for a Thanksgiving floral centerpiece are those that reflect the colors of fall and complement the foods on the table, like the brown of the turkey, the yellow of the cornbread, red cranberry and orange pumpkins. That is why yellow and orange roses, Chinese lantern plants, rosehips, lilies and hydrangeas are especially popular.
But the beauty of fall has so many more colors to offer. Between August and October, the possible colors and combinations are truly endless.
- Hydrangeas (other colors: blue, pink, red, white)
- Autumn crocus
- Crocuses (other colors: blue, white, orange, yellow)
- Rhododendrons (other colors: pink, red, white, yellow)
- Chrysanthemums (other colors: orange, red, pink, violet, green, white)
- Marigolds (other colors: orange, red)
- Heleniums (other colors, orange, red and brown)
- Dahlias (other colors: pink, white, yellow, orange and many more)
- Asters (other colors: white, pink, purple, blue)
- Amaranths Stonecrop (other colors: pink, white)
- Red bistort (other colors: pink)
- Rosehips (other colors: purple, white)
- Garden cosmos (other colors: white, purple, orange, yellow)
- Begonias (other colors: red, white)
- Nerines (other colors: white, red)
- Autumn cyclamen (other colors: white)
- Blackberry flowers
- Japanese anemone (other colors: pink, red)
- October saxifrages (other colors: pink)
- Chinese lantern plants (fruit, white blossoms from May to June)
- Zinnias (other colors: pink, yellow, red, purple, white)
- Chaste (other colors: pale violet, pink, white)
- Cornflowers (other colors: pink, white)
- Passionflowers (other colors: pink, purple, white, red and many more)
- Wolf’s bane (other colors: yellow, white, pink)
- Bluebeard (other colors: pink)
When combined into colorful Thanksgiving flower arrangements, these make the perfect decoration for the home, to brighten up gloomy, rainy days and bring a seasonal atmosphere into every room.
Autumn festivals at Thanksgiving time in Switzerland
There is so much more to discover
Whether you are celebrating Thanksgiving in the traditional way or want to send Thanksgiving flowers to American friends, relatives or colleagues in Switzerland , you are sure to find the perfect autumn flower bouquet in our online store. Take a look at our broad range and seasonal specials. We offer Thanksgiving flower delivery in Switzerland.